To Commemorate

 13 years ago.  I set out on a journey that had been a pivotal point in my life.  It's been 13 years,and feels like an entire lifetime.  Was it a dream?  My life is so different now.  I am so different, it seems.  


To commemorate, a writing I came across.  I haven't written in so long, so I borrow from another.


Herself

A society unconsciously committed to

patriarchal ideals will spend years pouring the

whole ocean of a woman's soul into an ice

box and call it good. 

Then, there, inside that ice box, she will remain.  Unless. Until.

She catches a glimpse of another oceanic soul.


That glimpse has the power to awaken her

within her small, dark, chilly tomb.


Once she is awake, she will begin to 

remember she too is ocean.  And it is the

remembering that has the power to set her

free.  To return to her home.  Herself.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hollow Sanctuary

Here Goes Nothing

4-7-2021